The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

Polls

What’s the best pizza topping?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Slice of Waldo: Pizza Tascio a great spot to visit

Pizza+Tascio+opened+this+summer+in+Waldo..+
Luci Switzer
Pizza Tascio opened this summer in Waldo..

My experience at Pizza Tascio could not have been better. As soon as the door opened, the hostess had a big smile on her face, ready to make the customer’s day better. 

With its New York style pizza, the shop off of Gregory offers delicious food at a good price. If you are in the Waldo area, stop in and have a bite to eat at this local pizzeria. 

Pizza Tascio opened in July of this year and the support from the community has been great. The space used to be a bakery called Classic Cookie, but before Classic Cookie was there it was a clothing store named Coco. 

Though businesses have struggled to stay open in this location, I think Pizza Tascio will last longer than the previous companies. 

I went to the restaurant with my sister and my dad since we live in the Waldo area. We were able to walk there which was convenient for us time and distance wise. The exterior of the restaurant was artsy and had a traditional feel to it. 

The two windows on the front wall of the restaurant produced natural sunlight helping the room to be bright. The color of the restaurant walls appeared a sunset orange. The table and chairs looked cream colored and light brown. The servers acted all very friendly and helpful. 

Once my family and I sat down at the table the waitress took our drink order and brought us some water. For appetizers we decided on the cheese bread, and the house salad with Italian dressing. The cheese bread came out first. It was good, but did not stand out to me. 

The salad was pretty good, and it tasted like the salad at Olive Garden. The waitress took our order, and we chose half cheese and half pepperoni. 

The pizza did not take very long to come out, but when it did it came out steamy and hot. Once the pizza cooled off a little bit, we could eat it. It was very good; it was thin and big like the style most commonly found in New York City. 

We finished eating and had leftovers to take home and save for later. We paid and our waitress thanked us for coming. 

Overall, the environment was bright and welcoming and the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend Pizza Tascio to people who are looking for a local pizza shop to have lunch or dinner.