The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

Polls

What’s the best pizza topping?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Latte to Offer: Front Range coffee shop offers Miege students nearby place to study for finals

Margaret Moloney
A coffee sits on a ledge inside of Front Range Cafe, Holiday decorations adorn the ceiling.

Grounds for greatness, with finals week looming over the student body and stress levels rising, Front Range Coffeehouse offers relief. 

I often find the best studying is done in a coffee shop. Front Range Cafe is my new go-to option in lieu of a bustling, busy Starbucks. While Starbucks is a staple, it’s important to support small businesses. I appreciate Front Ranges’ creativity in creating their menu. For example, you could never find the orange mocha latte Front Range offers inside a Starbucks. 

Less than five minutes away from Bishop Miege in Fairway is the quaint shop. The shop offers a wide selection of artisan coffees and pastries from nearby bakeries such as Scratch KC and Emily Kate’s. 

The coffee is hot, quality espresso, caffeinated just enough to give people a little pick-me-up during finals week. The menu features familiar flavors such as plain lattes and cappuccinos, as well as more exotic options like lavender, marshmallow, and other seasonal offerings. Currently, they have created an orange mocha, an original twist on the cheery classic, a Christmas mocha. 

Front Range Coffeehouse gives the impression of a western-mountain-style cafe. The warm and inviting atmosphere creates a notable center for concentration. 

Margaret Moloney
A matcha latte sits on the table of Front Range.

They have been serving coffee to loyal customers since July 2,. 2019. There is one other KC location, on Gregory Boulevard in Brookside. 

The first thing I noticed about this cafe was the serene shade of green covering the walls. Rustic candelabras decorate the Front Range. It also has a wood-paneled roof with different shades of stained wood. Captivating stained glass lamps adds to the ambiance. Soft background music helps with concentration. 

The mountain-style aesthetic and overall effect make the shop a must-see. The coffee house offers 12- and 16-ounce cups for anything from plain espresso to iced mango tea. Unique flavors complement the environment of this shop. Front Range is a 10/10. I highly recommend paying a visit soon.