The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

The Student News Site of Bishop Miege

Bishop Miege Press

Polls

What’s the best pizza topping?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Perfectly Planning For the Snow Ball: Seniors talk about the importance of preparing for Sadie’s versus other dances

This specific group of seniors has a variety of ways that they prepared for this years Sadies dance. Eating at the Rufs was so fun, senior Sydney Ward said. I at like 50,000 breadsticks; I swear. We all went down in the basement and played pool, too.
Courtesy of Dory Latenser
This specific group of seniors has a variety of ways that they prepared for this year’s Sadie’s dance. “Eating at the Ruf’s was so fun,” senior Sydney Ward said. “I at like 50,000 breadsticks; I swear. We all went down in the basement and played pool, too.”

Sitting down for a catered dinner from Olive Garden, a large group of Miege seniors enjoy a delicious meal of breadsticks and pasta together before the annual Sadie Hawkins dance. 

For seniors, Sadie’s can be a time to pull out all the stops or just have a casual time dancing with friends. Things can differ though when it comes to preparation for Sadie’s, or any other regularly scheduled school dance. Senior Patrick Watson explains how he’s less concerned with school dances.

“I go to high school dances because it’s fun and then there’s an after-party,” Watson said. 

Watson also expresses how much less of a routine he has for getting ready for a dance and spends his time in other ways. 

“I got out of bed, took a shower, put on a suit and went to Megan Ruf’s house,” Watson said. “We catered Olive Garden and it was the most efficient way I’ve ever eaten for a dance.”

Senior Gracie Keeney had a much more structured day before dinner, consisting of the normal dance preparation routine.

“I self-tan on Friday, right before Sadie’s, and I got my nails done,” Keeney said. “I didn’t get my hair done or anything. I’d say this isn’t as big of a dance as any of the other ones.” 

Keeney even has a specific style of dress she’s drawn to for winter dances, and explained that she puts a great deal of thought into each outfit. 

“I like the long-sleeved dresses for Homecoming, especially for Sadie’s,” Keeney said. “It’s more of a winter dance. I feel like there’s a dress code for every single dance we have.”

On the other hand, senior Peyton Cole discusses how he went to Sadie’s at a last-minute request but was still ready at a moment’s notice. 

“Sadie’s this year was very last minute because I got asked like the day before, so I didn’t do a whole lot of prep,” Cole said. “I just had a suit that I had for other dances that I used.”

According to Cole, he still had fun at dinner and during the dance, despite how fast he had to get ready. 

“This was definitely unexpected, but I liked seeing my friends and hanging out with them,” Cole said. 

Senior Sydney Ward described her routine for Sadie’s as a bit more in-depth, contrary to just getting up and taking a shower. 

“I curled my hair, self-tanned, and I took an ‘everything shower’, the one where you almost pass out,” Ward said. 

Ward explained that she wore the same dress as last year, but had different shoes. Certain dress types caught the eye of Ward, though, continuing a small but fun tradition. 

“I like baby doll dresses with long sleeves and square necklines,” Ward said. “I also like really big chunky earrings, and I’m definitely a gold girl rather than silver.”

Sadie’s can sometimes seem like the afterthought for many at Miege, no matter how much prep time is put in, but these seniors delineated that the dance can still be special. Watson stated how awesome it was to have his friends ask him to Sadie’s in a purely platonic way.

“Ava Martin and Grace Vanice were hiding in the Room of Requirement,” Watson said. “Mr. Creach wrote faulty passes for me and Rocco Marrello to come up to CMT and then we got trapped in the room by the girls with the signs.”

According to Keeney, her favorite part of the dance as a whole was the dance circle with her friend Alex Smith. 

“When Alex was showing some crazy moves on the dance floor and nothing mattered in the moment,” Keeney said. “Everyone was dancing, having fun, laughing, and celebrating being together.”

View Comments (1)